Monday, August 14, 2006

Sunday Scribblings: Who Else Can I Still Be?

I never did the prompt about "Who I Might Have Been". There is just too much there to touch. I might have been anybody. I might have been a star. I might have been wildly successful in my industry. I might have gone to Parsons. I might have recorded in a studio. I might have not wed, and dated too many to count. I might have read more, or studied harder. I might have been better in every way, to every person. However- Thankfully, I didn't. Had I done all of those things, I would not have what I do today. And I have so much.

Today I have a family. I have a son that to me, is more beautiful than anything I could have ever imagined. I have a marriage that is perfect in it's imperfections, a marriage that will hold me and ground me and wrap me up. I have a home that to me exudes peace. It's away from this world and it has peices of the ones I love. I have sisters and brothers that all love each other. We support one another- we protect one another- we have love. I have mothers and fathers that provide. They provide love, leadership, opportunity, wisdom, endurance, and they are unconditional. I have faith and knowledge of who I am, where I came from. I know where I am going and I know why I am here. I have friends that are a tribe around me. They will be there when I am in need and they will be there to share lots of laughs along the way. I have talents- none that would blow anybody away- but they are talents that help me to enjoy each day. Because of my talents I enjoy music and movement. I enjoy colors and shapes. I enojoy nature. I enjoy details and lines. I love beauty and I see it in the most unexpected places.

So- Who else can I still be? I can be me. I can grow day by day and love every moment of this life. I can be a better person and I can acheive all that I want- except that when I acheive today, I have even more love and support surrounding me than I had yesterday. That is the most beautiful part of life to me. The unexpected. The ability that we have to change and mold. The fact that who I was then, and who I am now, is not who I will be later. That is a gift with endless possibily. Who else can I still be? I can be a wife and a mother. I can be a daughter and a sister. I can be a friend and a giver. I can be a soul searcher, a dancer, a singer, a lover, an artist, a dreamer, a doer, a planner, a shoe lover. I can be all the things that I am today and then some. I am in harmony with Brittany when she says, "Here's to full cirlcles." What could be more beutiful than that?

2 Comments:

Blogger brittany said...

I see beauty when I look at you, sweet pea. Love you.

xox

11:01 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

What a beautiful post--thank you. Don't you wish you could submit these to a creative writing teacher sometimes and get graded? Aside from the inspiration and entertainment they provide for people like me, these well-written, poetic posts should be good for something tangible!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home