Friday, September 22, 2006

Gift

"You have a gift that only you can give the world- that's the whole reason that you're on the planet. Use your precious energy to build a magnificent life that really is attainable. The miracle of your existence calls for celebration every day."
Oprah Winfrey

I need this posted up somewhere in my house. How come it is so hard to remember that you are a gift? I do have a precious energy. I think that I got it from my Mom. She has it too. And I do feel like I have used it to build a magnificent life- maybe not in the eyes of some people, but it is to me. "You are only 22?" They ask. Yes, and I am married with a child... at the tender age of 22, and I am happy about that. "Oh," they say, "Well what was your major in college?" Well I graduated from a trade school in interior design. "Oh, so is that even like a real degree?" Kind of. I try not to act annoyed at this moment. It was enough to start my own business with. "So who watches the baby while you work?" Nobody. I am not doing too much right now. Just things here and there that I fit in while he is napping. Any of you that I talk to know that those moments are few and far between! "Oh, I see..." What do you see exactly? Do you see failure? Do you see a girl who is one day bound to regret that she didn't ever really "LIVE"? Let me ask you, if this isn't "LIVING" what exactly is? What could be more alive than a fire between a man and a wife? What is more alive than love- A love that works every day. Love that at the end of a good or bad day can say, "I love you." If a child isn't "LIVING" please tell me, what could be more alive? Each breath, each smile, each laugh, each cry is alive in both of us. So do you see failure? Because I see no failure here.

IMG_4490

We may not all choose the same path, but we can all "build a magnificent life that really is attainable" in our own way that brings us joy."

I do think that I could be better about celebrating myself every day though. I think tomorrow I will bake a cake, simply to celebrate me! At least it's a good excuse to eat some cake!

3 Comments:

Blogger emma jo said...

Beautiful! I constantly feel a struggle between what I am proud of in my life and what the world tries to tell us is unfair, or sexist. I love my life as a wife and mother. It has a bigger pay off than any other profession in the world and leaves plenty of room to be a unique, strong and influencial individual (in and outside of the home!)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lucky Candice said...

I like this post. You know, when I was younger I thought I was going to be famous in some way. It sounds silly now, but I just knew inside I was destined for greatness. What I didn't realize then is that everyone has their own destiny to fulfill. Mine is to be a mother. For some, it is being famous and for others to be leaders. I guess I realized that fulfilling my own personal destiny (if you will) makes my life great. I make it the best I can everyday and I can see that you do too.

Great post!

LC (lucky candice)

8:34 AM  
Blogger brittany said...

well said, my sweet. I hate it when women don't support women in thier choices.

mmmm. cake. did you make it? yellow with chocolate frosting?

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home