Friday, September 08, 2006

Sleep Child, Sleep

DSC01389

I am starting to figure out how much we truly never change. How when you are too tired, it's even harder to fall asleep. How air in your tummy still hurts. How throwing up out of your nose can really scare a person (and sting too). How a lack of food in your belly makes a person grumpy. How bad dreams make you want to cry. How seeing people you love makes you smile. How sometmies you just need to be held by somebody. How it is not always easy to depend on someone else. How hard it is to learn something new. How hard old habits are to break. How taking a bath is relxing- you always feel better when you are clean.

I am starting to figure out how much we have truly forgotten. How lovely each new day is. How you should always be good to the people that mean the most to you. How if you are having a bad day it's still okay to let a smile out.

And don't you wish you could just tell them what you have learned over the years? You will feel so much better once the air is out of your belly. I know it's not easy to try this, but it will get easier. You can do it. They are just dreams, don't be scared. Sleep child, sleep.

And don't you just wish that they could tell us all that they have not forgotten? It's okay, it will all be okay. Smile, today is a gift. Love everybody- don't you see how easy it is? Sleep Mommy, sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff's Page said...

Hey,nice blog!!! Won't you check out this website I found where you can
make a little extra on the side... wink wink ;) Visit Our Site

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jeff's Page said...

Hey,nice blog!!! Won't you check out this website I found where you can
make a little extra on the side... wink wink ;) Visit Our Site

5:10 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

looks like it's time for a word verification on your blog...i don't want to know what wink wink means.
And it was such a pretty blog too--stupid jeff.
Your blog reminded me of a poem my mom gave me the day after cubby was born, "Day Old Child." How we wish we could tell our baby about life, etc. and the baby is thinking, I would tell you of God, I left him yesterday...(except it's prettier in poem form) It made me weep. Great post.

5:09 PM  
Blogger brittany said...

this is beautiful. it makes me soft inside.

Isn't abby hilar? that girl makes me laugh.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home