Saturday, November 18, 2006

16 So Soon?

IMG_3360

I can see the future in this picture. I see my son as a 16-year old kid. He is saying, "Mom! Dad! Get off me, you are smothering me!"

I never want this day to come... I never want him to make me stop kissing and goobering all over him. I hope that he lets me hold his hand till he is completely grown and long after that. I hope that he lets me hug him as long as I want to forever. I hope that he always looks at me in the same sweet way that he does now.

Is it scary? Is it hard to let them grow up? Is it sad? It happens so fast, I know! Oh, this boy. How do you express love like this? Can anyone tell me? I am not sure that it is possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Take comfort in the fact that my 29 year old husband still holds his mommy's hand occasionally...and he's not even gay! Cubby is so not snuggly and it brakes my heart sometimes. Ironically, he takes after his mommy on that one.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

I totally relate to this! My 8-year old is a little hesitant to have me hug him in public but never forgets to tell me he loves me when getting out of the car at school. My 6-year-old still hugs me, and my 4-year old kisses me and tells me he loves me every chance he gets (and also says he wants to marry me when he is big) Talk about melt your heart! If only they could stay little.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home