Sunday, November 26, 2006

City Boy

This weekend while visiting my parents in California we went into the city- our city- the city by the bay. San Francisco. Can I just say, I love that city? I do. I love the BART. I love the feel. I love the vendors, the cutures, the hills. I love most things about the city.

My sisters kids were desperatley needing an outing. Any outing- just to get out of the house. So we rode the BART into the city (also Hubby's first ride on BART- I hadn't realized he had never been on it!)

DSC01738

First we hit the Metreon. A huge movie theatre with arcades and virtual bowling. The baby was on overload. His game of choice? Wheel of Fortune!

DSC01744

Next we hit good old Blondies pizza- a great bit of nostalgia- and we even ran into old friends there. After that we went to Union Square to check out the Christmas tree.

DSC01758

I was so proud of my boy. He is a city boy indeed. He did so well! He took a nap on the BART- the best way to ride it, and he just soaked up the city! We were there way past his bedtime but he was such a good boy- because he is a city boy! Always moving, so curious to see this new world. He didn't mind the cold- he is like my dad, always warm.

DSC01740

He loved the Christmas tree in Union Square and he EVEN loved Blondies pizza! He kept eating my crust- licking it up as fast as he could. My boy is a city boy- and I couldn't be happier about it. I love the city too...

3 Comments:

Blogger brittany said...

ooo, fun. I need to do that. I still haven't taken the kids on the T into Boston. Isn't that the worst?!? One of these days I expect to have enough energy. Maybe I shouldn't wait for the energy--it may never come!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

love you.
B

1:00 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Beautiful people in a beautiful city! I want a fun family outing too--an preferrably a chilly one. I hate to sweat in November!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

I love the city too. Hopefully I can instill that same love to my kids when we live there. I'm so excited to take them to the places i love. Come visit me so we can take trips to the city and to Santa Cruz. I bet he's a beach bum too:0)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home