Sunday, January 21, 2007

Slip Away

There are a few places in which I can slip away. Places of fantasy and delight. Places where the baby isn't crying, and I am not sitting on the ground unshowered, and the dirty dishes are no longer sitting in the sink. I love to slip into these places. My husband loves to make fun of me when I "slip". You see, these places are all romatic places, with riveting love stories, and characters that you really feel like you are friends with. Okay so now you get to laugh, because yes, my romantic slip away places are indeed certain movies or TV shows... but who gives? I love to feel things. (Please note: I finally figured out how to do italics on this computer! Hooray for me!) And if I have to slip away into some characters frame of mind to really feel that pain, love, suffering, humiliation, awkwardenss, fear, shear joy... whatever the emotion, then who really cares? I just don't have all of those emotions in my day to day life (believe me, I am not complaining!) but every once in a while I still want to just feel them. So I slip away into my moments of fantasy.

Some of my favorite places to find fantasy? Grey's Anatomy, The Office (you laugh, I know, but nobody can make you feel more embarassed than our dear Michael Scott), Pride & Prejudice, my fellow bloggies, Tuesdays With Maurie bu Mitch Albom. The Hubby was laughing at a conversation that I had with my sister the other day about Isaiah Washington and his recent controversy with T.R. Knight. Should he be kicked off of Grey's? But wait, I like his character! Needless to say, we talked about him as if we truly have some influence on the outcome. We don't, but it is all part of the fantasy.

And can I just end with a note that most of the time feeling other peoples emotions is so much more fun than feeling your own? Not necessarily more beneficial, but definately more fun.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does it say about me that when I "slip away" it with Frasier and Malcom in the Middle? My slipping away has more to do with NOT wanting to feel, or think. Late at night I clean or "whatever" with those on in the background, and I laugh and forget about real life. P.S. Just for the record, I think the amount of press on that story is absurd. I mean really? We fire people for that? Really?

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm totally with you on this one. I love to escape reality and actually refer to celebs by their first names like we are friends.
And what is it that CS Lewis said, "We read to know we're not alone".

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Brooke said...

...and I will love all future discussions about celebs as needed...it's medicinal and theraputic. :)

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love Grey's Anatomy! I am all about slipping away to McDreamland.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MEEEE TOOOOO. I must not watch enough tv, because I have no idea of the scandal of which you speak. It is definately funner.

hope your day goes swimmingly.

love you.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krista,

I just posted a comment but there was a blogger error so this might be on here twice. I love your blog!! Dallas told Al about it when Al was complaining about me and my new blog addiction. Another new addiction is Grey's Anatomy, I watched it a few weeks ago when Al was out doing church stuff and I am hooked. OH, we absolutely loved your card/CD. Krew is huge! He looks just like you.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Krista! It's been very fun keeping up with your blog since I found it through my sister's. And, we share so many favorite television fantasies :)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home