Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust

So I have been lost once again for the past 24 hours reading Stephenie Meyer's second book, New Moon. I read yet another 500 page novel in about 24 hours. Picked up the book from the book store on Monday night, finished the book by Tuesday night. I OFFICIALLY have issues. Not to mention a crush on a vampire. I just had to finish so I could come back to reality for good. I am safe now, at least until her third book is released in the late summer. Now I am spending a day coming down off my bubble, often catching myself daydreaming about different lines, phrases, and imagining scenes in my head. This is why sometimes I just shouldn't even start reading. I create all these addictive behaviors and all of the sudden I am lost somewhere in my mind, not to mention utterly anti-social. It was good though and if you take my advice and read the first book, then you should definaltey read the second as well. I found myself myself sobbing through parts of the book. Maybe that's the pregnancy kicking in there... I hope so. We all knew I was a shmuck already, but this has gotten out of hand!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

KRISTA! i am so glad you read these books! i am dragging new moon out because i do not want it to end. i was reading it in the library the other day between classes and was on the verge of bauling. tears were definitely streaming down my face! haha! i was a little embarassed. but i heard the end of the book is happy so i have hope for bella and edward. glad you liked them!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Wow, impressive. I need to read something, I think I'll start with these and then go to the Obama book I've been meaning to read. Perhaps a little fantasy will help loosen the wheels!

8:05 AM  
Blogger laurel said...

I haven't read it yet, crazy I know! OK, I am going to pick up a copy asap.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Ever since Kara's comment I've been chanting the word "audacity" in my head. Focus: I am buying the first book TODAY! I go to Vegas next week and I know better than to think I can read on the plane with a toddler (who really should have his own seat)--It would definitely be a quicker flight with a good book, but I plan on letting Cubby play with Grandma a LOT while we're there...irresponsible motherhood, here I come!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Dennis & Jenna said...

Looks like I have some reading to do! So how are you feeling? Is this pregnancy different than last?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Lucky Candice said...

I'm the exact same way. I just read Cane River (which I loved). It's huge and I read it in just 2 days. It's in the south and I swear for about 3 days I had a southern accent and kept catching myself saying lines from the book. Yeah, I'm a loser too...

LC

9:47 PM  
Anonymous kelly lee said...

Krista, Sorry I am an occasional visitor to your blog who never posts! I'm Jim Lee's wife.

Anyways, I'm a big reader, so when I saw your post on Twilight I went right out and got it, now it's four day's later and i've read both books and I loved them and can't wait for her next...I just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home