Monday, March 26, 2007

Bad Day Gone Good

I had kind of a wacky day today. I have weird days more than the avergae person, I think. The Baby was up for hours last night- who on earth knows why, and I had to wake him up from his nap this morning to do something for a friend that ended up not needing to be done... So then, since He was up, we ran some errands, which included dropping off the dry cleaning. By the time we left the dry cleaners the baby had a stinky diaper so I changed it in the front seat of my car while He played with my keys. After that, I threw the keys onto the middle console and shut the door to put Him in his carseat. Low and behold, he had hit the lock button and i was locked out of the car, where everything was. Cell phone, wallet... most imporatanly Keys. So I borrowed the cleaners phone and summoned my sister Brooke to come rescue me. She did so as a dilgent sister would do and by the time she got there to pick me up, I was laughing so hard- sitting on my lone metal chair that they placed outside for me to wait on by myslef in front of the cleaners- that I was crying. I just thought it was so funny because these things DO happen to me- so often! Anyway, Brooke saved the day and drove me home to pick up my extra keys. After that she brought me back to my car and we decided to go to lunch where we enjoyed hours of lauging, talking, good weather, a funny baby, and mushy talk about our love for Edward. (You Twilight readers, you know what I am talking about here!) After that we made a few pit stops. One into this beautiful grocery store AJ's that makes you want to become a master chef because the food is so beautiful, where we laughed at sticky notes for longer than we should have and bought some sugar and nuts. Then onto Rolfs where I finally found my over-priced Bumble & Bumble products that I have been desperately searching for. Then after that onto Barnes & Noble where she picked up a couple new copies of Twilight & New Moon. While we were checking out there was another Twilight obsessive buying New Moon at the counter and we talked about our rediculous love for the books and made a date to see eachother at the Eclipse Prom! (Again, you Twilight people know what I am talking about!) So funny. So could a kind of unlucky girl be any luckier than to end up with a most wonderful sister and friend like that? You know, those kind that can make you laugh so hard just by seeing them that you cry, and the kind that can talk about fictional characters for hours like they are real, and the kind that can make your stinky day turn into totally and utterly happy one? This lucky girl has 3 of those.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger AL and ALI said...

Oh I DO love AJ's. It is an experience. AND i finally read Twilight. Loved it...dying to read Newmoon.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

you are so cute! i love that you were just dying laughing all day long. i know what you mean. i get like that with my cousin Brittany, who lives up here. when ever we get together its hilarious the whole time. i love it! thats cute your sister and you had so much fun. and that is so funny that those things happen to you all the time. i kind of have the same problem. im going to go get the book Twilight! im really excited to read it, and then get into the other ones. anyways, this is random, but remember that funny song i had on my phone forever.....! hahahahhaha

7:00 PM  
Blogger brittany said...

if only I lived closer....

love you love you
B

6:19 AM  
Blogger emma jo said...

Sisters are the best...they make my days better all the time.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I had to go back and read that part a couple of times to be clear that the baby wasn't IN the car when you got locked out...it's late.
p.s. I actually really liked Marie Antoinette, and LOVED Stranger Than Fiction--no movie night for us, I guess.
(I just got caught up on your past blogs too, can you tell?)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

So glad Baby wasn't in the car. I've done that. Just so everyone knows, if you lock your kid(s) in the car call 911 - they will come and break into your car MUCH faster than the locksmith. I wish someone had told me that before I waited 45 minutes for the locksmith. If it hadn't been a cold, cloudy day I would have broken the window.

Team Edward.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally don't know me but I am a fellow "Twilight" lover. Holly Gibb is my sister and told me about your blog because she knows how much I am obsessed with the books. I am trying to convince her to read them. I have exhausted Stephenie Meyer's website and can't wait for "Eclipse" to come out!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Try locking your 2yr old, 2mon old, cell phone, & keys in your car, in colorado, while its snowing. I did. Hi I found your blog while snooping around other peoples and just wanted to say hi.
Cara Johnson

9:02 AM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

hey kris, i need some more ideas for the baby shower im throwing soon. Let me know, i have a few in mind already, but i need more just in case

9:45 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I loved that day...David read the blog and is starting to worry about this Edward guy! he he. I said I was in love with THE LOVE STORY not just Edward. He started talking about how great OUR love story is and that should be enough etc. He just really needs to read the dang books dangit. Love you to death little sister!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home