Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cookie Panel- Again

DSC02310

This week for Wednsdays Cookie Panel (sorry for you religious followers, as I am a day late) we munched on some delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from a recipe submitted by Laurel. Two main differences in these cookies were that #1 there was Crisco in the recipe and #2 the way you add the ingredients. But I have to say... SO EASY. Caleb graced us this week with an official score sheet. It was amazing I must say, and when we are all done with this, I will post the results here for you all to see, compare, contrast, and examine.

Anyway, this weeks cookies did good accross the board, scoring numbers mostly in the 7's and 8's. Nice size, texture, visualy appealing... The dough was good normal cookie dough, and they were good plain or with milk. The one thing about these cookies is that they were much better warm right out of the oven. So at the panel we tried them normal, and then heated them up in the microwave for about 10 seconds and everyone agreed- better warm. Comparing these to the other oatmeal recipe that we have already tested (Maury's Famous Sunday Cookies) they were both good and about on the same playing feild, accept that these ones were much easier and less finicky to make. Three cheers for Laurels cookies. Try them for yourself!

DSC02316

Laurels Famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2c Flour
1c Sugar
1c Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp B Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/2c Crisco
1/2c Butter
2 Eggs
2c Otamel
1c Semi-Sweet Choc Chips

Add all of the ingredients from the top to the bottom (which is kind of backwards, but pay no attention to that!) Dump it and mix it without mixing the wet ingredients together first. I added the oats and the choc chips after mixing the rest. Bake at 375 for 10-11 minutes.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger laurel said...

Yay!! I am so honored to have my recipe tested in your cookie panel. They look great! I definitely agree on the taste better warm thing. And I loved that you even used my mixing technique :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

heres my question... what do you do with all those cookies??

7:07 PM  
Anonymous RoRo said...

I do follow your weekly cookie panel and was worried it didn't happen this week! Thanks for doing this and posting the recipes.

8:52 PM  
Blogger The Tyler's said...

Ok....I need to get a glass of something right now because my mouth is watering like none other! You are so clever with all of your posts!

2:02 AM  
Blogger Meriel Frandsen said...

What's funny is that, just like Maury and Wendy, there is a family rivalry between Laurel and Rachel too, both thinking their version is better. Quite funny, but when I bake, I always use Laurel's recipe. Definitely easier and just as good as any!

7:14 AM  
Blogger emma jo said...

I just printed out this recipe and I want to try it today! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip are my most preferred cookie. Thanks!...perhaps soon you could also include a good exercise/weight loss program to go alongside all these delicious temptations.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Are you kidding me? Where do you find the time!? Nice work. I'm muy impressed, extremely jealous and very hungry!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

these look really good right now! im in the mood for the tanner cookies right now!! these ones look a little bit like them when they are fresh out of the oven. mmmmm. Got milk?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Have you tried baking them on a pampered chef stone? I think it makes a huge difference. You should try it. You have to bake them a little longer though, but its worth it!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Ok, so long story short, in a way, you inspired my own quest...how serious are you about this whole thing? I have some information you might find...interesting.
http://www.chocolatemonthclub.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookies.htm#29
Scroll way down--Emily and I made the first Neiman Marcus recipe today and they're pretty darn good, but I really want to try the second one, called the "real neiman marcus recipe." Anyway, there were some good tips on ingredients, etc.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel Holt said...

hey thats my recipe too! well i guess i stole it from La. haha but i do have a secret ingredient that she doesnt know about...

10:34 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

No fair Rach- are you going to divulge er what? Hehe.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

yes it is blacky the dog!! that was taken so long ago. but i love it. as far as the cute hand, not man hand, hlding the strawberry, i couldnt tell who's it was, but i knew it wasn't mine. haha your so funny!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home