Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cookie Wednedsay

DSC02284

The Panel met today for a tasting of "The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie". The recipe was submitted by Holly. First of all, a major difference in this recipe is that you use milk chocolate chips as opposed to semi sweet. For Brooke, this was a pro. For me, this was a con. Just depends on what you like. First of all, I must say that so far this is number 1 in the "Best Cookie Dough" category. I could have eaten all of the dough if I could fit it all inside my belly because it was so delicious and smooth! These cookies are flat and dense. I tried some with less flour than the recipe called for (As per Holly's suggestion) and some with all of the flour. I didn't notice too much of a difference other than the ones with less flour were a little more dense and more gooey, but only slightly. These cookies were best dunked in milk- it just made them way better. Caleb ate one cookie dunked in milk, then tried one plain and by the time he was 1/2 done with the milkless cookie, he ressumed his dunking. They were yummy, like any chocolate chip cookie, but we agreed as a panel that there was nothing in paticular that really set these ones above the rest. To us, this was a good plain ole Chocolate Chip Cookie (C-C-C). Happy Dunking!

DSC02270
I am such a cheese ball

The World Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
Cream then add:
3/4 tsp. B soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbls. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 bag Ghiradeli Milk Choc. chips

Bake at 350 for 11 min. No more, no less.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger brittany said...

I love your cheesy picture. It made me laugh:) I love this cookie panel stuff. and the lucky people who keep getting cookies every wednesday/thursday!

xox
B

6:13 AM  
Blogger AL and ALI said...

Excellent, I will make these tonight to watch the Office with.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Tori said...

www.ghirardelli.com/bake/recipe.aspx?id=1028

Try this one...it is our favorite.

7:22 AM  
Blogger emma jo said...

Yummy yummy cookies. Chocolate Chip are the most basic and delicious, perhaps with a little oatmeal...perfect! I love the cookie reviews!...Aarron Sisson's recipe is one of my faves, I wonder if I still have it around...

7:51 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

It's bad to read your blog before noon. I probably shouldn't make these until then...right?!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Krista,
lovely pics...I would like to know which recipe is the best when you find it. I am the world's worst cookie maker, so any secrets would be much appreciated.

Krew is the cutest.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

You're a cheese ball? You're in a safe place (Remember pictures of me alone in my house wearing old medals?) I love your devotion--and am on the edge of my seat for the conclusion. (Watching the process is just as fun though.)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

I am so excited that I could have a part in the "Official Cookie Panel!" I am interested to see what recipe wins the judges over. Yeah, sometimes I make these cookies just so I can eat the dough. Cute Easter pics! Happy cookie baking!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Oh Krista--the disappointment is too great for me--where's yesterday's notes? As it just so happens, Emily and I thought of you when--and it happened to be on your cookie panel day--we tasted the holy grail of cookies, everything you've ever wanted out of a cookie--I found it, and it was delicious...if only I could steal the recipe. It was an authentic little Italian bakery/cafe--I've never had a better, more beautiful cookie in my life!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home