Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cookie Panel- Ghirardelli vs Toll House

I waited to post the cookie panel from last time so I could partner it up with this weeks cookie panel. The great comparision- Ghirardelli vs Toll House. I used the Clementine's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe given by Ghirardelli (via Tori!) and I used the Toll House recipe given on the back of the bag on their semi sweet chocolate chips. No comparison here folks. Lets refer to them as "G" and "TH" of the sake of my sanity and continue...

G had a more "out of the box" recipe per say incorporating spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon- giving these cookies more of an earthy taste i guess you could call it. The cookie dough wasn't my favorite because it wasn't sweet like you want cookie dough to be when you crave it, because of all of its spices. The cookies were generally good, but not great either. Better warm in my opinion. And for some reason my cookies turned out all skiddie-whompus. How do you spell that made up word anyway? One would flatten out nicely while the one just next to it would bake into a puff ball cookie. I have no idea why this happened- that was a first for me. In short, they were okay cookies- but not the recipe I would choose. I think the whole panel was in agreeance here.

TH had a wonderful classic cookie. These cookies were pretty, they were consistant, they were easy, and they tasted just how you would expect a good ole' chocolate chip cookie to taste. Nothing particularly special about them, and nothing wrong with them at all. Good dunked in milk, good warm or cold, good smooth creamy dough. These would be my vote for the best cookie to explore with. You could add all kinds of different things- different morsels, different spices... whatever. My sisters friend said that she used this recipe to make cookies with wheat flour- so if that's what your into... In my opinion, if you are going halfway fatening, you mind as way go the whole way and really enjoy it! So these were good cookies, I think that most anyone would enjoy them- and if you are wanting to go out on a limb to try and add a few different kinds of things- I would use this recipe for sure.

So between G and TH- sorry I pick TH. I still love you G- really I do. Just not so much for cookies!

DSC02389
See what i mean by all different sizes?
The Ghirardelli recipe can be found here.

DSC02500
The Toll House recipe can be found here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger brittany said...

hmmm, veeeeery interesting...

I'm in love with the cookie panel.

xox

6:09 AM  
Blogger Tori said...

Sorry the G didn't turn out so great for you. I use the Pampered Chef cookie scoop so that helps with cookie size consistency. My husband and kids LOVE these cookies. I make it cuz I can eat one or two and be okay with that...not wanting ALL of them. So that makes it even better for me!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home