Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Going Going, Back Back, to Cali Cali

DSC02366

It is always a wonderful time when I get to visit my hometown in California. My parents are welcoming and warm. They make me dinner, clean up after me, and spoil me with so much love and kindness! I spent my days helping my mom shop for furniture, roaming around in the beautiful garden, watching my sweet Dad play with my boy, and eating lots of Brass Bear sandwiches. Just the best sandwhiches ever- in case you were wondering. I got to hit a few of my favorite spots, including a beach day in Santa Cruz, and some realxing down-time in Carmel. I got to see my sister Kara's new home in California and I got so jealous. It is wonderful- location, Location, LOCATION! I think the only thing that I missed was San Francisco- which was sad because I found this darling bakery online that I really wanted to visit, but I will just have to save that adventure for next time.

DSC02349
Grandpa loving on His boys!

DSC02368
Exploring Grammies Garden

DSC02342
Bath Time! Happy play time for kids, and happy almost bed time for moms!

DSC02357
Doing the stand-up trick. He was being so funny, crossing his arms & biting them! Nervous reaction? Who knows!

DSC02354
Carmel... Ahhhh Carmel.

DSC02360
By the way- check this out if you have a moment. My Mom is doing a garden tour called Personal Sanctuaries to benefit UCSF breast cancer research. Good job, Mom! You can check off S- Support a Worthy Cause.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Meriel Frandsen said...

Those boys look like twins!! Also, where did Kara move to?

7:15 AM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

ohhh it looks like you and the babe ahd a fun time in CA! I love the garden pictures, and what pieces i can see of it. i want to go there and walk through it. it looks beautiful. and my baby boy looks so cute in all his pictures. you can totally tell they are cousins in the tub. how cute! loves it!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

those pictures are so pretty! did you get a new camera??? BTW we saw dallas last night at the game. Why didnt you go?

8:37 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Kara moved to Livermore. So funny that you guys think that they look alike- in person they look NOTHING alike. We laughed about it all week! And no new camera Jill- I just tried a little harder than normal!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Mikael said...

It looks so gorgeous there! WOW! Like a dream. Sounds like you had a blast on your trip... gosh, I am need of a trip too...
and congrats on the BOY! YAY! That will be so fun.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

I thought it was Z-Zealously support a worthy cause!! I loved having you. I wish we could of had more time for adventures. Can you move out here so I have someone to have fun with??

7:52 AM  
Blogger laurel said...

Mmmm...Brass Bear :)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

ok so Im in the middle of twilight! and I read it through the both flights, and my lay over today on my way home to CA from SLC. It made the whole thing go by so fast. I'm here for the week. I now understand why you cannot put this book down for one second! I caught myself smiling, and getting gitty inside when Edward ( who im totally madly in love with) would say things to bella that would make her get butterflies. and i felt the butterflies too! what the crap! this book is amazing, and i love how she writes her story. i cant wait to finish this one, and start the second one so i can be caught up with the whole fan club.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home