Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Firsts

The little guy had lots of firsts this past weekend. Saturday was his FIRST BIRTHDAY! I can hardly believe it, time has gone by so fast, and I always figured he would be such a big boy at one, but he is still just my tiny man. We had a fun birthday party for him with a colorful ball theme and I think he had a lot of fun despite the fact that he has no idea that any of it was for him! I did my best to simply survive the day due to the fact that I got food poisoning from an Italian Sausage that I ate the night before at the D-backs game. Not good. Throwing up from 9:30 PM till 7:00 AM the next morning. Luckily, I have great friends that were so helpful and a hubby that really understood just how bad the night before had been- they all pulled the party off for me and by the end I was able to actually enjoy it a little bit. First birthday- I just can hardly believe it. Wow.

DSC02579
The Dads had more fun playing with the balls in the pool than the kids did! There were a few injuries once the balls started flying- nothing too bad.

DSC02577
He just wanted to eat all of the gumballs on top of the cupcakes...

DSC02587
What do you want me to do with that stick on fire?

DSC02594
Mmmmm... I get it now.

DSC02600
Thanks for the fun presents!

That night He had his first haircut! I am a bad mom and forgot to take pictures of the whole ordeal, but we just gave him a little buzz and to my utter dismay we took off his lone curl on the back of his head. It was for the best though because it was starting to look pretty trashy. He looks oh so handsome and he did a great job- minus the point when he turned on the water (He was sitting in the sink you see) and i didn't realize it was the hot water until he was screaming and trying to crawl out of the sink! Sad. Bad mom moment number 1029384.

Then on Monday morning we went to movie days togther! They play older movies at like 9:45 in the morning and you can bring your kid for like $2.00. My friend had an extra ticket and The Toonsie Boy decided to sleep in for the first time in his life so we gave it a shot. The movie was Over The Hedge and He did so great for the first little while. He was totally watching the movie and eating licorice and popcorn... loving life. Then there was one little distraction and it was all over folks. But he made it through about 45 minutes which I thought was pretty darn good for a first timer. He was having so much fun. (I was sad I had to miss the rest of the movie, it was pretty cute!)

DSC02613
So happy to be at the movies!

DSC02614
Thanks for bringing me, Mom! (Possibly my new favorite picture ever)

DSC02618
Mmmm.. chewy red stick- I like it.

Here's to all the firsts we get to have together. It just couldn't be more fun... and neither could he!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

*WARNING* Pregnant lady having way too much fun! This all sounds like it was so much fun. I wish I could have partaken! You have a 1 year old - craziness!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

the bday party was so cute. I love the pictures of you guys. your outfits are coordinating so perfectly.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Mikael said...

Happy 1st bday to Krew!!! You all look like you had a great time. He will be a good big brother :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

I remember my oldest's first birthday party. We invited tons of people, and when we sang to him he cried. What we parents will do for our kids. Our other three had a quiet first birthday party at home as we didn't want to traumatize them too. Krew looks like he had a nice and calm and enjoyable party....he is so cute. I need to come and see you guys...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh sweetness. He is such a doll and I agree, that pic is priceless. Love the licorice too.

Talk to you soon, maybe thursday at 10:30?

Love, the moral compass

10:04 PM  
Blogger laurel said...

Happy Birthday Krew!

4:33 PM  
Blogger brittany said...

how fun!!! I wish I lived closer. No, what I really wish is that I could magically travel when I wiggle my nose and suddenly show up at your house any time I wanted. Living in AZ just sounds too hot right now:)

Those are some cute pics. I. want. to. squeeze. him.

6:28 PM  
Blogger TRICIA said...

Hia face is adorable with the red stick!! I have an extra ticket for movie fun on Fri. I have to take Emmy out on occasion too so at least we can talk in the halls!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

Still sad about missing the party. It was fun to hang with you guys at the end. Cute pics from the party and movies! These kids grow way too fast!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

so cute krista! He is still teensie weensie, but totally a grown up already in his pictures!! It makes me so sad that I have to miss out on this stuff!! Soon though, real soon. I totally love the picture of you and him looking at each other! that picture is so PerF!!! And I love your little ball theme you had goin for the party~ you are very cute ! Oh and where did you get that cup cake stand?? love it!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Rob & Marisa said...

In response to your comment about Benji, I TOTALLY agree. So over him. I really think Allison should have won the whole thing. She's so versatile and such a great performer. I think people get wrapped up in the hype of a guy being a good dancer and a goofball. Anyway, Krista, I love your blog! What a cute idea for Krew's birthday party. You are so crafty and someday I will hire you to decorate my house... when I have a house. I will just tell you what colors and styles I like and let you go to town. :) Cool?

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home