Tuesday, August 21, 2007

California Dreamin'

Okay, okay- I am back. And trust me on this- the reality of my life is weighing very heaviliy these days. So vacation has been wonderful and now my real life is looking pretty crazy these days so I am thrice times grateful that I just got to lounge at the beach for a week and a half.

First I got to see my girls which was a wonderful thing in my life. It is so important to have girl friends- if you don't have some, you should get some! My lovely Ali has returned from her mission in Argentina only to be even more wonderful than she already was, if that is possible. She is beautiful, smart, well rounded, so fun, and increadibly acheived for her ripe young age of 23 which she just turned this week. Happy birthday to my Pete. If you are a single amazing man and looking for the most wonderful woman on earth, you may want to track down Ali. She would be worth the embarassment of saying that you fell in love with her from my blog. So the girls thing was a blast. We talked a lot, and shopped just about as much and ate even more than the other two combined- or was that just me? Maybe so... Anyway, I love these girls desperately.

DSC02786
Love them. That's all.

Then on Sunday my sweet Hubby and Baby Boy came to join me for a week of fun in the sun. We went to the beach every day, spent a day at Sea World, went to the horse races at Del Mar, and caught up with family and friends. The week was peaceful and happy. Plus I got the chance to read Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer which I have been so anxious to do! I think I may have been bad company for Dal durring the time it took me to finish... sorry babe... but you know how I just love vampires and such! The boys loved the beach and my darling boy was surprisingly great at Sea World. He loved the walruses and seals, but most of all he loved the gift shop that had 900,000 stuffed penguins. The kid thought he was in heaven- he just ran around with his hands above his head screaming in joy. It was too funny.

DSC02832
This is his "Woah Mom! Did you just see that walrus swim right in front of my face?! Look... PRICELESS

DSC02840
Boys will be Boys

DSC02817
Big Mama and her Baby for now

So now we are back- counting down days till the arrival of the new little guy- switching bedroom, organizing, nesting, and having dreams about having contractions and going into labor. Oh Joy!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Krista, you look so happy and your little family is so cute. I can't believe that you are about to have your second child! I'm jealous of your vacation but I'm glad you were able to read Eclipse. I just finished a few days ago to. Isn't it great? What do you think is gonna happen in book 4?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

That picture of your little boy screaming at Sea World is so cute! He looks so big. Doesn't it kind of seem like yesterday we were going to Girl's Camp and Young Women's? Now we're full on moms, that's for sure...

8:16 PM  
Blogger Tanner and Alli Judd said...

that was the cutest picture ever of krew. so glad you got to read eclipse! and it sounds like your having a blast getting ready for the baby!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

So what did you think of eclipse? It really really irritated me. Your pictures are so cute. Your little boy looks exactly like you.
Jessica

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Oh my gosh. That picture of Krew is hilarious! I woke Chris up off hte couch just to come look at it. I was dying laughing! So cute. I'm glad that you got to spend that time with your family before another is added. You look healthy and happy...this makes me happy!

xoxoxo

9:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel Holt said...

that looks like so much fun! i LOVE the del mar races! we always go to those! so fun!

9:02 AM  
Blogger brittany said...

yeah! I'm so happy to see glimpses of your life, my sweet.

You have a beautiful family. That picture of little K is HILAR!

I'm going to try to plan a trip to see you after the new one arrives.

xxxoo

12:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

glad you are home. looks like a fun trip. hope to see you soon.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Meriel Frandsen said...

Goodness gracious! You have had such a fun summer!! Time to buckle down and get ready for little one #2. Crazy, I am so excited for you though, you look fabulous and your family and friends love you!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Wow, too bad your child seems to have a hard time expressing himself :) That cracked me up! You are so adorable--good luck, and may all your [contraction] dreams come true...in a good way...if that's possible. Nevermind. Good luck with baby!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Liz and Scott said...

Hi Krista! I was so happy to see you comment on my blog. I haven't seen you in a year since yesterday (cait and brig's wedding), and I didn't really get to talk to you then. It sounds like everything's going well for you. Congrats on the second baby. Your family is so cute.

5:33 PM  
Blogger John and Shelly Hyde said...

What about the bare belly deli?

7:03 PM  
Blogger The Tyler's said...

Cute new pics! The one of your little guy screaming should be entered in a magazine or something. It is to die for! You look amazing! I'm excited to see if your next kid looks as much like you.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

That is so funny that Kara said that about waking up Chris, because before I read the comments, I totally made David get up off the couch and come see it! That is an awesome pic. And the sand castle one. You should print it and frame it in his room. Don't worry about baby #2. I will be here to help...

10:18 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

I made Loren come and see it to! LOVE. THAT. PICTURE.

LOVE. YOU.

10:38 PM  
Blogger emma jo said...

Fun vacations, delightful friends, adorable baby boys, and exciting anticipation...can't wait for more updates of the weeks to come!

8:36 PM  
Blogger cait said...

love your pics...love you, so glad you got the dress and love IT!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home