Thursday, August 30, 2007

Simply a Good Life

Every once in a while I have a day in which I actually get things together. A day where the dishes are done and put away, the laundry is folded in our drawers and hung in our closets, the beds are made, the counters are clean, errands are run, dinner is actaully planned and followed through with followed by some fresh baked banana bread, and baths are had then the night turns quiet. Every so often I can get it together enough to have this day. It isn't once a week, and maybe not even once a month but when these days do occur I can't help but think- Okay, this is a good life. It is simple and low key and that is precisely how I like it to be. On days like this I realize how much I love my job as mom and wife and on days like this I feel like I am actually doing somewhat of a good job at it. I am acknowleging this today because of the simple fact that I have no idea when I will have a day like this again. With the baby coming I have a full knkowing of the tiredness and hard work that are ahead of me. This time I know whats coming and it is wonderful but also hard. Some people thrive on the newborn stage- I was not so much one of those people. I am the one that can't even find the time to put on clothes or eat properly or shower, little lone attempt to dry my hair. So I am red flagging this day as a good one, just in case that I forget the fact that things do get easier when I am in the throws of post pardom. I want to remember days like this one today.

On a side note, I had my first experience with Craigs List today! I couldn't believe what a rush it was to actually sell something for good money that I had no use for anymore. I might be addidcted. I have heard of the ebay addiction, but don't you think that craigs list is even more instantly gratifying for our greedy little generation? You put it on there, get an email that night, and the next day you have a wad of cash in your hot little hand. It felt great to make some money off of something that I didn't want anymore. Very fun. If you have never tried Craigs list- I suggest that you do- it's pretty cool!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Cheers to successful homemaker days. I agree there is no better satisfaction than our job--that job--done well. And I sooo hear you about after the baby. Carrie and I still laugh about the intervention she had with me in Hawaii bc I was wearing a United Way tee-shirt and jeans...I know you would never commit such a sin, but I hear ya.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Ok..seriously it is so sad how often we don't see each other. I can't believe that you are so close to having another little guy. I love craigslist...its great. Call me...we need to get together.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Dennis & Jenna said...

I'm so glad u wrote this. The newborn stage is totally hard! I thought I was alone in thinking this. I am glad to know there is an end to the tired days & nights! It doesn't help when u get a severe breast infection either. Your a great mommy and i'm excited for your new little one to come. Oh...craigslist is the best thing ever invented. I sell everything on there. BTW...you look great pregnant,you put me to shame.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Nor said...

I would like to bear my testimony, I love craigslist. Did you know you can get a free piano and a illegal medical help all in one place?
I sell my cars on craigslist.
What are you going to name your baby?

12:05 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Oh--I forgot we sold a car after being listed on Craig's list for about 1/2 hour! We got about 5 calls that day, and 3 people showed up with thousands in cash! It's the coolest, except it scares me to have a stranger know where I live.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

25 calls, not 5...that wouldn't be that impressive.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

cool what did ya sell?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Celia Fae said...

Thanks for the advice. I'm tring to be more conscious of her intake & I think it is helping.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Craigslist...sigh. I was turned on to this years ago and my life has never been the same since. Instant gratifuication at it's finest. Man I love being alive! (Just thought I'd keep with the tone of the post)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Big sis is here...I will come blow dry your hair for you if you need me too. Days like that do feel good. Your boys are lucky to have ya.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Dear Krista, why are you having a baby when you are a baby and your baby is still a baby? Anyway, babies are fun and I'm glad you got some counters wiped! That rarely happens for me but sometimes I start the dishwasher.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

K i love blogging because of this reason. HI! Its Lizzy Rigby (CTI) just came across your blog-what a cute family you have. Here is our blog
http://the-rigby-family.blogspot.com/
hope you are doing well-you look GREAT!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

Yep, those are great days when they happen. And yes, being a mom is the best job. I am glad we finally got together! Let's do it again, soon, before junior #2 comes!

8:45 AM  
Blogger brooke martin said...

oh krista- you just described truly a PERFECT day for a mom for sure. i will tell you this...i was cursed with the need for perfection. i stress if a pillow isn't fluffed etc...HOWEVER, having had 3 kids- i have had to LOSE this curse. now i have geared those OCD feelings towards me being a good mom that day. if i can say that i felt like a good nice sweet mom that day...then THAT IS ENOUGH FULFILLMENT FOR ME! cherish those infant moments. with my first- i didn't as much. but i did with the others...AND I'M SO GLAD! GOOD LUCK GIRL!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Mikael said...

Craigslist RULES! I sold moving boxes for $50!!! You can sell anything. Welcome to the 2nd hand online store high, it is awesome!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home