Friday, September 14, 2007

Roller Coasters and Such

This is my niece Tommy.

DSC02542

She is wonderful, funny and athletic. She is smart, sweet, and a little bit moody sometimes. I love her. I really, really, really love her. She is my friend. Tommy has Autism. I would love to tell her story but my sister Brooke tells her story so much better. She just wrote an amazing blog about their families journey with Autism. It has been a roller coaster experience for them. Please read it if you have a moment because right now we have an opportunity to help this cause so close to our families heart. Last year Brooke and I ran a 5k race for Autism. This year I sadly won't be joining her since I am about to pop (nice call on that one last year Brooke!) but she will still be running. Please take a moment to find out more about this great cause and please help if you can.

Speaking of roller coasters- I am currenty on one. My energy is fluctuating like you wouldn't believe and my emotions are doing a bit of the same (I don't think I am too crazy though... mostly really chatty ALL THE TIME!) I am ready to pop any day now. On Wednesday the Dr. told me that I am 3 cm dilated and 80% efaced. So really- any day now. So I have finally started to tie up the lose ends that I was purposfully leaving undone to prolongate this pregnancy and I have finally packed myself a bag for the hospital just in case the moment comes quickley. I also spent the morning WD 40-ing all the joints in my doors so they won't squeek then using the Magic Eraser to scrub every mark off of every door. Pregnancy at it's fullest? I think so.

And... speaking of roller coasters... lets hope that the big moment doesn't come quickly because my Husband is currently on a plane to Ohio to go to Cedar Point to litterally ride some of the best roller coasters ever. I am excited for him, yet bitter on all kinds of levels. I am so jealous- I LOVE to ride roller coasters! I have wanted to go to Cedar Point for as long as I can remember. My mom said she will take me when I am done being pregnant- maybe I will hold her up to that! I am trying to be cool about him going (Please, spare me the why didn't you MAKE him stay home speech- He's a big enough boy to make his own decisions and live with the consequences. Plus he somehow manages to pull these things off spot free anyway!) and while I am cool with him being gone for only 36 hours, I am also scared that I am going to go into labor and have to do it all by myself! Then again- it would be a good lesson for him to learn, but I'm not sure this is how I would like it to be learned! Not with it affecting me so greatly- no thanks! And this whole thing just kind of reminds me how men really have NO CLUE about pregnancy. How real it is, how we have to live with it every moment of every day for 9 months, and how there is no way out at the end accept for one way- pushing the baby out. No avoiding it, no planning how the experience will pan out, no nothin. They just don't always get these things, those boys. Have fun on the rides Hubby, I love you. Oh, and don't bother coming home if I give birth without you by my side! :)

Hence, roller coasters and such.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Say your the average person and you go on like .... 6 vacations a year.... a roller coaster vacation would be the best!

2:50 PM  
Blogger laurel said...

I was just remembering how I felt when having Avery. Laying there thinking "there is no way out of this, no turning back now, I have to push this baby out!" I am coming to that realization again this time around and it's SCARY!

Can't wait to see pictures of your baby after he comes! Crossing my fingers your hubby will be home for it :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Tanner and Alli Judd said...

you better let me know when you have the baby so i can bring you guys some yummy food.... pf changs sound good? cause i'm terrible at cooking. I'm so excited for you!!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

tee hee. I have a feeling the weekend will come and go and no one will ever remember that he even left. You're still weeks away from your date and that amount of time can change your attitude from scary pushing to purposeful pushing, if you know what I mean!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

Very well put kris!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jenny & Wyatt Dannels said...

I love all of your posts. They are the best ever to read..I hope everything goes well and hope that Dallas makes it for the birth..let us know if you need anything!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

Krista-I am only 35 to 40 minutes away...depending on traffic. ;) I will come night or day to help with ANYTHING! But don't have your baby this weekend as I-10 is closed east bound around the tunnel, and I wouldn't be able to get there very fast. :) Love that you are so close...hate that we don't see each other very often. Seriously, call me if you need me!

10:48 PM  
Blogger brittany said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Celia Fae said...

Aw, you don't need a man at the birth. Just a few well placed women. Men just add to the stress. Invite your sisters. They're more fun anyway.

8:30 AM  
Blogger emma jo said...

You are so right that men will never understand pregnancy...Clark thought the other morning when sick me was laying on the couch and actually craving something (nachos) was a good time to suggest, maybe you would feel better if you ate something healthy...I'm afraid I let him have it...I got my nachos and felt much better thank you very much.
And I kind of secretly wish that he would be gone for the birth so I could use the name that he has vetoed the last three times.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Meriel Frandsen said...

I am so excited for you! I am dying to see pics of the little guy. I wish I could be there and see you. I miss you! Good luck!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Ah men....truth be known, James was a little in the way in my birth experience. Don't get me wrong--I agree it's better to have them there, but I wanted to BEAT him when I was dying from pain and he looked at me like, "there's just nothing I can do," and then sipped his Dr. Pepper. Grrr.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

Seriously Dallas - seriously!?! Great post, by the way. I read Brooke's post about her kids. I think I am going to do the walk. Yeah, you get to deliver in the new hospital!!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Kris, loved the post. I am glad D is back in the state.

Did you see Oprah yesterday? I can't get Tommy out of my head...
it was a really good episode, all about autism.

Keep me in the "labor loop"...I want to know what's going on! or let me take Krew if you need a moment :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Dennis & Jenna said...

I sure hope Dallas makes it to the delivery. i am in town and Krystal said you are ready to pop! Good Luck with everything. Can't wait to meet the new baby! You can meet Davis next time.

11:12 AM  
Blogger John and Shelly Hyde said...

Krista you need to get some pics of that babe up quick.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Dusty and Jade said...

I heard you had your baby! I hope all went well. What did you name him? I can't wait to see pictures!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home