Sunday, September 09, 2007

Surprise!

My most darling friend Vanessa threw me a little surprise shower yesterday. It was so nice to celebrate this new person coming into my life- something I feel like I haven't done enough of. Not to mention it was really fun to see all of the girlies that I sometimes just don't see enough of. We had brunch at yummy CRACKERS and followed the amazing meal up with pedicures at my favorite little place. Since I didn't know there was going to be a party for me I sadly have no pictures. However, I got a few snapshots of Krewser Man stealing my balloons the moment that I walked in the door. It was so funny. He was so happy when I got home and even happier that I was carrying balloons. I thought he was running up to give me a hug but instead he ran up and took the balloons and bolted down the hall and into his bedroom to claim them for himself. So thanks for the balloons Sally! He loved them! And thanks to all the girls that came for making it a special day for me.

DSC02873
The Get Away

DSC02868
The Celebration of Sweet Victory- Yes I know he is very dirty and not quite matching. Daddy had him all day and did a GREAT job as always. Thanks Daddy, for letting me get out with the girls!

And thank you to my most wonderful little friend Vanessa for making me feel loved and special. I am a lame girl that craves moral support, so I really needed the day to celebrate this little guy and not feel like He is just the second boy who will live in his big brothers shadow while wearing hand-me-downs. We are so excited for him to get here in the next few weeks. I just need to finish my nesting first! And find a double stroller- any suggestions?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I love my Graco duo-glider! BUT I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sit and stand (the only downfall, the older one can't sleep in it). It's only $114 at Target...I have both strollers, depending on where we are going and what we are doing! Check Craig's List...there are tons of strollers on there.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

We love the double Jeep umbrella stroller. It folds up small and easy and has the benefits of an umbrella stroller but also the seats recline separately and the shades move up and down depending on the location of the sun. We also love our double jogger. We use it everywhere from the Zoo to the park to just taking a walk because it's easy to push, goes off road and is comfy for the kids. I would recommend the Bob. As for tandem strollers, I'm still trying to find one that doesn't feel like you're driving a bus.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

congrats and glad you got a girlie day. Can't wait to see the little guy. miss you guys btw. we need to get together.

i have the peg side by side. it's ok, nothing to scream and shout about.

I heard the maclaren is nice and not as much money.

keep me in the baby loop. i want to know the second your water breaks! ps I got the update on effacement and dilation through hailey through dallas...but dallas claims to not know what any of it means. Maybe he needs a lesson! I have props if needed!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Look at that happy boy--does it get any better? (Probably--two happy boys!) I am happy for you.

1:54 PM  
Blogger emma jo said...

ooh the anticipation just kills me...what a fun time!!
(I realize how morbid that sounded but I meant it in a totally 'hooray for family, little boys, no more pregnant, happy day' sort of way.)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Celia Fae said...

Krista, the Phil and Ted double stroller almost makes me want more kids. Almost. Good luck with your two new little ones. I have trouble believing you are grown up enough to have them.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

That Krew is going to kill me with silliness and smiles! If Tate ever smiled that big I think I'd fall down in shock...

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to meet the new baby. We are waiting patiently (at least until the 18th)! Hey, what if he's born on dad's birthday...I hadn't thought of that until right now! Will you name him Norman? ha ha

8:19 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Ya you've been looking for a boy name. Norman would work :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

Glad you had a fun day with the girls! Still sad that I missed out. Must do lunch before you pop. Love Krew and the balloons!! Too cute!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I really love my Graco duoglider from Target. It's really light-weight and easy to collapse and stick in the trunk. Krew seems like he'll be such a fun big brother!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home