Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkins and Stuff

On Monday we went to this cute Pumkin Patch that is down the street. We had so much fun. Krew tried to touch or throw every single pumpkin and he would not look at me long enough for me to get a picture of anything but the side of his head. Stimulation overload I suppose. It was so fun- we all picked our own pumpkin to carve (including a tiny one for Cash) and we took the boys on a tractor ride and we tried to coax Krew into the bounce house but he was hesitant for the first time in his entire life. There were baby chicks, sheep, and goats. It was Baby Einstein come to life.

My Mom was laughing so hard at me because for some reason I thought it would actually feel like fall here simply because we were doing a fall activity. I was sad in my realization that going to the pumpkin patch did not make fall appear. So here is why she was laughing at me- I had to meet Dal and my mom at the patch and when I packed up the kids I also packed an extra blanket for Cash who was already wearing footie PJs and a sweatshirt for Krew. I almost grabbed a thermos for hot cocoa but I was rushed so I skipped that part. When I pulled up to the pumpkin patch my car said that it was 89 degrees. I kept thinking, that must be wrong- it's fall, we are going to the pumpkin patch, its dusk, it must be colder than that. But low and behold I got out of the car and the temperature gage had not lied, it was in fact 89 degrees. There was no need for sweatshirts, or blankets or any type of hot beverage.

Despite the lack of fall in the air, and Dal being a bit of a girly man and leaving before we went on the tractor ride due to his allergy to hay, we had fun at the pumpkin patch. And if this is as close to fall as I can get, I'll take it. There was still that fall feeling in the air, even if the air was 89 degrees!

DSC03004
The Fam

DSC03000
The Pumpkin Peddler

DSC03008
Grammie & Krew on the tractor ride. I love how he is holding on to her... He loves his Grammie so much!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenny & Wyatt Dannels said...

I am so bummed..i just got your comment and would have loved to go with you to that sheet place. Let me know if you ended up not going today and we can go whenever. (I know how we can get distracted)P.S. You have to let me know where you went to get pumpkins!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

I love you... you are so funny. I am bitter at the world for AZ being such terrible weather. What happened... It felt like fall like last week, but... It was stripped away from us. Gosh dang global warming...Al Gore is right.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I SO get you on the fall wishes. These days I'm always "pushing it" with my long sleeves and such. I'm that person that wishes it were cool outside and it's just not. I laugh at them--the people wearing sweatshirts as soon as it gets down to 85 degrees...we can dream, right?

12:00 AM  
Blogger Anne Lee said...

What would life be like without a Baby Bjorn??? Hazen LOVES LOVES LOVES it, which is a huge blessing because we can't go to public places, so our afternoon/morning/evening walks are just about the only bit of outside I see. Your family is so dang cute!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Ashley Clark said...

What an adorable family you have! I haven't seen you since, well...maybe our last year of girl's camp. But it's great to know what you've been up to.

-Formerly Ashley Hall, D1 Ward

9:27 AM  
Blogger Alli said...

i totally know how you felt with the pumpkin patch being a "FALL"activity... and expecting it to be colder outside. i keep imagining carving pumpkins outside, with an outside fire going to keep us warm from the "cold fall air" and having hot apple cider. i think an outside air conditioner and cold lemonade is what we really need. how sad.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

CUTE! I lvoe your front pack, CUTE! I loved the picture of Krew and mom, CUTE! I love that Dallas couldn't go on the ride because of allergies, CUTE! It's all just too CUTE!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home