Saturday, January 12, 2008

Looking Forward

A couple of things we are looking forward to in the new year:

A new blog- Dallas says that if I make a new "cool blog" with music and cool colors then he would be more likely to make a guest appearance here and there. I like the prospect of funny blog entries from my very funny husband, so I am thinking that this will work out. We'll see... I will let you know when it is up and running.

A big move- Well not that big. We are only moving like 5 miles. None the less I am incredibly excited to purge of all things old and start fresh and new. I am giving things away like crazy. Come to my house and you can receive free things almost daily... Plus the new house will just be new and shiny and spit up free (well at least for a little while) and that just feels SO good to just think about!

No Pregnancies- With any luck there will be no surprises this year. Don't get me wrong- the little people make the world worth living in, they are truly the best thing ever, but my body needs a break and I need to catch up on sleep. Instead I will be hoping for new babies coming from a couple of girls that I love (you know who you are...) Get workin' ladies!

Picking up a book- I have been on a reading hiatus because when I try to read I simply fall asleep. This year I am looking forward to picking up a few books from my ever growing pile of "Books to Read" and finishing a few. I am starting with A Thousand Splendid Suns, and then I think I will move on to The Faeries of Dreamdark.

Chick Flicks- There are a lot of good ones coming out- I intend to see them all!

Camera Tricks- The hubs got me a great camera for Christmas. I am hoping to really learn to use my camera (I will probably bug Britt to death in the meantime) and maybe I can grace you with a little beauty every once in a while.

Growing- There will be lots of growing going on a round here. The boys will keep growing, and they are the most fun to watch grow. And with any luck, or more likely some dedication, hopefully Dallas and I can grow as parents, followers of the Lord, lovers, and friends.

To the new...

Our future destination:
DSC_0289

16 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

good picture! YOu look like a pro already! And I dont know who you are talking about when you say friends getting pregnant, but todd says we have to wait, with law school and all... so no babies coming from this womb!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Anne Lee said...

I liked this post. That is a sweet camera. I hate ours. I think you should post pictures of the new and old houses.

12:28 PM  
Blogger laurel said...

Sounds like you have a great year ahead of you! Moving and purging is the best. Feeling like you can start to read again is also the best. (I know exactly what you mean.) Good luck with everything and take some cute pictures of your boys!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Maybe I'll take a trip to AZ just to get some stuff that you're purging. Your trash is my treasure! Yeah to a new year, and hopefully some vacations together...but no babies...

8:42 PM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

i think i know who you are talking about wanting to see get preggers. and i will be seeing those chick flick as well my sweets. your one lucky girl. to the new!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Holly Gibb said...

Fun things for you to look forward to this year! Uh, I need to stop by so I can get in on this stuff you are giving away!! Good luck with reading your books. Every I start to read, Griffin wakes up. It's a lost cause.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Celia Fae said...

Krista, you shouldn't flatter me. I like it too much.

Congrats on the new house. I agree, I want to see before and after. And how did Cash get so fat so fast?

10:23 PM  
Blogger The Gibb's said...

You're already a photographer look at that picture! It was so fun to hang out with you over the break and to get so much good advice for the professional mom. I just love you!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Pretty picture! I love to imagine ahead to where I'm not fat or nursing anymore, and where I have energy again...and I'm so far away! Cheers to all that; post pics so we can all live vicariously.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Rocky & Krystal said...

thanks! my mom bought that dress for me, from H&M. i thought it was very festive & sparkly & pretty & gold. i totally wore it to all the christmas parties I went to for the holidays :)

4:07 PM  
Blogger brittany said...

and you said there was nothing pretty to take pictures of in AZ. See? That picture is gorgeous! Good job, Loverly.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Alli said...

this is kind of random, but i was looking at mindy's blog, and she was talking about all the things that make her cry, and then i saw that you put the ENTIRE movie of P.S. I love you. YA. I was BAWLING. through the WHOLE thing. I think that movie is pretty close up there with the notebook. i cried all night when i get into bed with tanner too. I just couldn't stop. haha.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Jenny & Wyatt Dannels said...

k..save some of your "trash" for me...i would love it. Let me know when you want it all gone and i will be there. p.s. i loved your email of Krew with his new tat...so stinkin cute! Thanks again for coming...

10:21 PM  
Blogger Mikael said...

Fun things for your new year! Exciting. And can I move in with you to your new house? I will be stuck in my 2 bedroom TINY apartment with 3 kids under 2 yrs old for a while... HELP!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Alli said...

call me this weekend! i am finally working as a stylist.... but all the way on gilbert and queen creek rd. at the new epic salon. but i would love to see you and ali bolen... it has been sooo long. give me a call girl! come in and get a blowdry or something! hehe

10:59 AM  
Blogger Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

We just bought in Highland Groves so we are going to live by eachother! =)

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home